Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Bon Fires and Fall!

Allyson with her missionary buds.

Okay so first I just wanted to share my ponderizing scripture this week!!!! I just love this one a lot. It was part of a talk that Elder Holland gave a couple conferences ago! Mosiah 4:19

" For behold, are we not all beggars? Do we not all depend upon the same Being, even God, for all the substance which we have, for both food an raiment, and for gold, and for silver, and for all the riches which we have of every kind? "

So the reason why I liked this scripture is because it reminds me that God has given me everything. When we look to God for everything we need we are truly being humble. Humility is a Christ-like attribute that brings you to look outward and care for others rather than yourself. One way that we can all be more humble is just the simple action of thanking God and anyone who gives you anything!

This week was pretty uneventful other than the fact that we went over to the stake presidents house for a huge bon fire with like 200 other people there! So that was a great fun thing! OH and they roasted a pig so we had some good BBQ.

This week we taught Clayborn! We taught him about the plan of salvation! I think that is my favorite lesson to teach just because it shows how much God really does love us! While we were teaching him the Spirit was so strong and it is just one of those times where you cannot deny that the plan is true! He had so many questions but at the same time I think a lot of things are starting to make sense to him!

We taught so many people this week that it is hard to remember the things I did!

This past General Conference was so inspiring i hope to keep it in my heart through out the rest of the year! I know the leaders and the Prophet are truly inspired and they do talk to God! They know what the world needs right now and they have the spirit of God in them!

Here are some pictures from the Bon Fire/ Pig Roast!

Love you all and hope you have a good week! 
Love Sister Hanson

At the bon fire (pre fire).

No comments:

Post a Comment