Friday, October 9, 2015

The Phone Call!


Me with some alpacas.
Originally sent October 5, 2015

I call this the phone call not because of that funny 80s seminary video that we all enjoyed during high school! Haha I call this the phone call because the other night while we were planning for the next day we got a phone call! Pause for effect! This lady named Martha was on the other line. She talked to us for a while about everything and anything! haha She is a sweet lady. Then we set up an appointment to meet with her! To continue the story we met with her on Friday and it was a great meeting. Turns out she is in her 60s and she has met with missionaries before. We got to the lesson and she told us she read the RESTORATION pamphlet before she met with us. Talk about being prepared. Before the visit we decided we would talk about the restoration. But during the visit everything that came out of me and Sister Tanner's mouths was about the Plan of Salvation. So we gave her a Plan of Salvation pamphlet and committed her to read it and pray about it. She knows a couple members and so they will be great to fellowship her. We told her about General Conference. We invited her to come. She called us up on Sunday morning and asked if she could still come! She made it just on time and she loved it! She even took notes! This phone call was a miracle.

On other news like every other missionary out there. General Conference was a blast! I loved Elder Lawrence of the Seventy's talk! He really hit home. If you are ever wondering what you can do better just pray! I love that. I noticed that a lot of this General Conference was centered on the Spirit! If we are more spiritually connected then we will be better instruments in the Lord's hands! This week I will be trying to apply what I have learned from General Conference one little step at a time! First by just praying and listening to see what I can do to be better. Second PONDERIZE the scriptures this week! My scripture this week is 1 Samuel 16:7! This one just brings a lot of comfort to me! 

So I think I just have too much to tell about this week! I will just leave it at what I have! Have a great week! Love you all!

Sister Hanson


The wonderful sky here in Indiana


No comments:

Post a Comment