Monday, December 1, 2014

Week 12!!!!! Thanksgiving and Museum Fun!

I got some cowboy boots from a member!!!

This week was wild... Wow we did so many things and taught so many people. I have no clue where to start. Well if you didn't already know Transfers are on Wednesday. I will be staying in Plymouth for Christmas!!!

Well I guess I will start with Thanksgiving!!! We went to Sister Kline's house! She is fun. When we got there she had been slaving over the stove since 6 am. Wow she is awesome! The turkey was moist and we had pie! I love pie! We stayed there for a while then went back to our apartment and just lounged around until we had the mission-wide conference call, that was cool. I felt unified with the mission even though we were all over Indiana. 

Friday was fun! You know how we volunteer at the museum? Well on Friday they asked us if we could help them with their Christmas trains event. We were pretty much their crowd control! I met a lot of people and had lots of fun just doing random things for people! I have some pictures of it that I will show you soon! After the train event there was a parade with Santa and Mrs. Claus in it. That was fun. We stayed in the museum and watched the parade from the windows. Then Karen fed us some Noodles and beef on potatoes! Yummy! That is an Indiana specialty. There were also some ice sculptures outside. Then Santa came to the Museum after the parade and we got some pictures with him. If you go onto the Plymouth City Facebook page you will find me with Santa and also the district with Santa.

Saturday was lots of fun! We went on spits with Sister Sherwood and visited some less actives and did her visiting teaching assignments! Then we went to the Richharts to eat dinner. We had such a fun time and just laughed a lot. We left and the other elders in our district told us that they got transfer calls...ahhh. We waited until 10:15 to get our call from President Cleveland. Longest wait of my life! Sister Chidester is going STL and I am staying in Plymouth. President said my companion will be fun and I am super excited about that!

This week I was really worried about Patricia because we haven't seen her at church for 2 weeks now. So I have been praying a lot for her. We decided we would visit her yesterday and she was there! Thank the Heavens. We talked with her for a while and it turns out she overslept and didn't want to show up to the church late. OH man I got a handful. She is doing great we send out a scripture of the day everyday. So that is how she studies. I will do it forever if I have to. We also stopped by Mckenzie this week and she told us that she is interested in coming to church!!!!! Yay! We left her with a Plan of Salvation pamphlet. She has 3 boys and two can come to Scouts so I think once we get them to Scouts they will start progressing! I am so excited that we finally found a family!!!!!! I hope I can help them come unto Christ!

This week has been great! I love you all a hope you had a wonderful week!

Love Sister Hanson!



Our district


The museum where we volunteer.


Here we are with Karin Rettinger

No comments:

Post a Comment