Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Spring is almost here!

Our tags and these hearts that change color in the sun

This week was great! We had a lot of stuff happen. We went to Strides again and helped on Tuesday. We threw hay and I took a allergy pill thinking that would help me. But it didn't help much. I was stacking it and took me a day to breathe the right way again! So I guess I should probably stay away from hay. Even though my dream as a child was to grow up on a farm... ahaha I love farms and things like that. Oh and the weather was good here for like a week then it went cold again! Hopefully it will warm up soon. So we can just walk everywhere!

Okay, some miracles this week. Vicky came to church again and she loved it! She is progressing well! We got her excited for the temple that is coming by doing some family history with her. We also got her on baptismal date this week! She wants to get baptized on May 9th. But she is so ready so I think we will try to move it up to sometime in April! We also taught her the Word of Wisdom this week. She drinks coffee and tea so we will have to help her with that. But she does not smoke and everyone in Indiana and their dog smokes. Hahaha Hopefully, I get to be here for a least one more transfer to help her to baptism and she is making lots of friends in the ward! That is very important! Be friends with everyone! (my advice this week)

Next miracle. We went to a less active's house and talked to her 12 year old daughter Alexis! Alexis goes to church with her grandma in Martinsville (Scary town). She loves the church. So we talked to her about the BOM! She told us that she has always wanted to know if it was true. She has always relied on her grandma's testimony and now she is on the road to gaining her own. The hard thing is getting her to come to Plainfield ward with her mom. Her mom has no interest in religion even though she is LDS. Alexis has not been baptized so we committed her to be baptized on May 9th also. I don't know what it is with that day but it is the best day ever! (Day before Mother's Day!)

Oh and now some fun facts. Emily a girl that just came home from her mission! Came out with us and she is so great! She went to a California mission speaking Spanish. She gets so excited when she sees Spanish people in Plainfield because she loves speaking Spanish. Her GPS was still in Spanish when she came out with us. She is a great teacher and was a blessing that day! I hope when I get home I can go out with the missionaries!

Well, I love you all and hope you have a great week!

Allyson

A cool abstract photo of us missionaries in Plainfield

No comments:

Post a Comment