Monday, December 28, 2015

The Week of Christmas

Allyson, President Cleveland, and Sister Fenn

Well I had a wonderful week!!! How about all of you? Skyping with the family was wonderful! I miss you all!!! This Christmas was definitely filled with Christ's Spirit! I got to go caroling at an old folks home! It was wonderful! I am glad I got to share that with all those people! They were so grateful that we came to sing to them! I know that by doing service we can all feel the Spirit of Christ! 

There are times in our lives where Heavenly Father will bring us low so that he can bring us higher than we were before. There is a quote I have on my planner that says "God didn't create us to be sad, he created us to have joy" - Dieter F. Uchtdorf. Sometimes we have to experience disappointment to be brought to have that joy. This week I experienced little pieces of Joy.

One of those was meeting Loraine. We met with her and she is a wonderful person. She went to the temple open house and really wants to be baptized but there are things in her life holding her back from being baptized! I wish I could do something for her so that she can make it to the temple. But I know that God is putting her through this so that she can love the church even more.

Another little Christmas Eve miracle. We went tracting and met a woman named Virginia. She immediately invited us into her house. She told us stories of her life and we testified of Jesus Christ and his power. We left her with a Plan of Salvation pamphlet to read! I am excited to go back over and talk to her more! I hope she can understand the importance of the temple and how families can be together forever.

One thing that I realized this week is that none of us can do anything without God! None of the miracles would happen if we did not believe in God and Jesus Christ. This is God's work, not my work. I know that if we are trying to fulfill God's purpose " To bring to pass the immortality and eternal life of man" Moses 1:39. We can do that just by doing our part of sharing the gospel with everyone we talk to! Turning to him is the best thing we can do! Then we need to act!

Sister Hanson

Sisters Hanson and Fenn

No comments:

Post a Comment